What is PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma?
Platelet Rich Plasma, or PRP, as it is known, is a process that helps smooth out fine lines and wrinkles in skin tissue, using your body’s own regenerative process! Plasma is extracted from an individual’s own blood. Platelets are separated out and injected back into the skin tissue. The PRP process is also done by spreading the plasma over an individual’s skin topically.
The blood contains mesenchymal stem cells, and autologous blood products, these compounds are essential growth factors that aid in cellular regeneration and the healing of the body’s tissue. Once platelets are extracted from the blood, they can be injected back into the tissue, allowing the skin to restore and rejuvenate itself using the body’s natural healing methods.
Signs of Aging
As we age our skin begins to deteriorate, showing signs of damage from years of environmental exposure as well as the death of healthy skin tissue. As the skin ages, it begins to lose important compounds such as collagen, and elastin. These provide our skin the smooth, supple texture as well the “stretchy” consistency and ability to “bounce-back”. Once these compounds are depleted blemishes, fine lines, and spots begin to appear.
Some of the most common signs of skin aging are:
- Wrinkles, fines lines, and facial folds.
- Facial volume loss.
- Sun spots.
- Hyperpigmentation or skin discolorations.
- Dry, cracked skin.
- Blemishes and bumps.
PRP Skin Rejuvenation
By using PRP technology we are able to combat these signs of facial aging and restore skin to its once youthful complexion, providing patients with smooth skin texture and pleasing contours. The PRP Facelift works best in the treatment of:
- Acne scars, and other superficial scars.
- Wrinkles, fine lines, and facial folds.
- Nasolabial folds
- Signs of aging along the face, neck, and hands
The PRP Facelift is done by injecting the patient’s own blood platelets back into their facial tissue. These blood platelets contain growth factors that aid in the production of new skin cells.
These new skin cells, produce hyaluronic acid, collagen, and elastin. Compounds that give our skin their smooth, supple texture and “stretchy” consistency. In doing so, the PRP Facelift is rejuvenating your skin from the inside-out!
What to Expect
The PRP Facelift is a completely natural means of revitalizing your skin, helping to smooth out wrinkles, remove blemishes, reduce discolorations, and restore your skin’s natural radiance.
The procedure itself is minimally invasive, and aside from the slight pinch of the needle, most patients don’t feel any discomfort. The procedure takes about 30 minutes to complete, and requires very little downtime or recuperation. Some may experience minor swelling or redness from the actual injection, but it will likely pass within a few hours.
Benefits of PRP Treatment
- Non-Surgical Facelift procedure, minimally invasive. No incisions are made, small injections are placed throughout the treatment area.
- No scarring
- Short Procedure: Between 20 and 40 minutes
- Little to no downtime; patients can resume their daily activities immediately
- Procedure performed by our on-site physician.
- Safe, natural, and virtually pain-free.
- Vastly improves quality of skin; texture, tone, and consistency.
- Uses the body’s own natural regenerative processes to enhance the skin safely and efficiently.